What do Chapters do?
- Kit Builds - Bring the Chapter together to learn hands-on skills and introductory instrumentation
- K-12 STEM Outreach - Introduce the next generation to biomedical engineering and global health
Engineering and Innovation
- Design Competition - Research and develop new technologies to enter the EWH Design Competition
- BMET Library Projects - Organize hackathons, create teardown videos, and develop other resources for EWH’s BMET library
- Serve as Volunteer Biomedical Equipment Technicians - Participate in EWH Summer Institute programs or start a new Campus to Country Program
- Medical Equipment Donation - Work with local nonprofits to prepare medical supply donations
- Needs Finding and Site Visits - Organize independent travel to a low-resource setting with your university
Chapters organize events typical of most on-campus organizations: Host guest speakers, professional development events and conferences, form committees for various projects, and collaborate with other organizations and EWH Chapters. Learn more from our Chapter of The Year winners.
Use the map and chapter list to find your local chapter, or learn how to start a new chapter.
View EWH Chapters in a larger map